Are you ready for the muffins that’ll turn you into the happiest, most smiley people in the universe?
One bit out of them and your entire day changes and turns into happy and filled with smiles.
This is a juicy and marvelous muffin that has three different textures.
On the top you’ll find a crispy and crunchy layer of fabulous granola,
In the middle will wait a layer of a soft and good sponge cake,
And then you’ll reach the juicy apples,
Soft and good that only one bite of, together with a sweet raisin, will make you happy.
These muffins are a marvelous morning treat for all of us.
Its sweetness is balanced,
It’s seasoned with a little cinnamon that warm our entire body from within,
It’s indulging and hugging,
It’s tasty and good,
And the whole thing takes a few short minutes of work and this bite will be waiting for you.
This time I chose to add to my muffins a red juicy apple that’ll give the bite a lot of moisture and fun.
These are morning muffins,
These are evening muffins,
These are winter muffins,
These are indulging muffins,
These are hugging muffins,
And these are insane muffins that you just have to make.
Happy and joyful apple muffin days to us all 🙂
Apples & Granola Muffins
Ingredients: suitable for a 12 cups muffin pan
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra From Me”)
- ¼ cup non-dairy / regular milk
- ½-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup oat flour (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra From Me”)
- ¾ cup almond flour (Ground blanched almond) (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra From Me”)
- 1 bag baking powder (10g)
- ¼ cup white raisins (Not a must)
- 1 red apple cut into thin slices
For the granola mixture
- ⅓ cup instant oats
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) on turbo mode and line the muffin pan with cupcake paper.
- Choose a pretty looking red apple and cut it into thin sticks.
- In a bowl put liquid ingredients, eggs, olive oil, maple syrup milk and cinnamon and mix well.
- To the bowl add dry ingredients, oat flour, almond flour and baking powder and mix well until forming a uniform and smooth mixture.
- To the mixture add raisins and the apple sticks that we cut and mix well.
- In another bowl put the granola ingredients, instant oats, maple syrup, and cinnamon and mix well until forming a granola mixture.
- Using an ice cream scoop or two tablespoons, put an equal amount of mixture in each cupcake paper in the muffin pan and scatter a little granola mixture on top of each muffin.
- Put in the oven and bake for between 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick or wooden skewer inserted into the muffins comes out dry.
Cool for a little while and serve 🙂
A little extra from me:
- I recommend keeping it in a sealed box in the fridge for up to 5 days, and every morning take one muffin out and indulge.
- Can also freeze the muffins in a sealed box for two months and defrost whenever you like in the microwave / overnight in the fridge.
- The muffins are wonderful and taste good when it’s cold straight out of the fridge and if you like you can also warm it in the microwave.
- Click here to see how to grind oatmeal at home.
- Oat flour can be substituted for teff flour / almond flour / rice flour / quinoa flour.
- Almond flour can be substituted for oat flour / coconut flour / rice flour
- Oat and almond flour can be substituted for 1½ cups spelt flour (Contains gluten). Kindly note that this change will change the texture of the muffins.
- Maple syrup can be substituted for date honey.
- Red apple and raisins can be substituted for any type of apple you like / banana / berries / pear / persimmon.
How to grind oatmeal at home 🙂