Sweet potatoes are God’s gift.
They always excite me and make me happy,
They are the sweet and comforting bite of mother nature.
They know how to make me happy every day and every hour,
They are satisfying and light,
They are exciting and joyful,
And they are suitable for lots of exciting bites.
I always keep a box of baked sweet potato slices in my fridge waiting for their big moment.
I like to pair them with a salad or a good protein dish.
They are amazing as a sweet potato sandwich,
Yes heard it right –
They can be the base for the most fun sandwich ever,
Just like a good slice of bread.
My big feast with them is my sweet potato omelet,
The one that instantly blends perfectly into a salad,
And the one that rolls into a tortilla in seconds.
I fill it up and celebrate with it with an exciting bite every time.
My sweet potato slices are your and my solution for lots of exciting meals.
They are just waiting to make every bite perfect,
And they will never let you down.
Wonderful and happy sweet potato slice days to us all 🙂
Baked sweet potato slices
Ingredients: The amount of sweet potatoes is up to you 🙂
- Sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C) on turbo mode, and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Wash the sweet potatoes well and cut them into slices in uniform thickness. I recommend cutting them into relatively thin slices, so they’ll suit a lot of good bites.
- Grease the baking pan with olive oil and sprinkle a little salt. Place the sweet potato slices on the parchment paper and drizzle more olive oil and a little salt over them. Place additional parchment paper on top of the pan, without sealing it on the sweet potato slices.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until the sweet potatoes soften a little. After 20 minutes, remove the top baking paper and continue baking for between 10-15 minutes. Test the sweet potato slices with a fork and take them out when they are soft and slightly tanned. The baking time depends on the thickness of your sweet potato slices.
Take out of the oven and let the sweet potato slices cool, store in the fridge in a sealed container until the moment of the big bite 🙂
A little extra from me:
- The sweet potato slices can be kept in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- I like to combine the sweet potatoes in a salad or alongside a protein dish as a pampering side dish
- The most wonderful way to heat the sweet potato slices is in a panini press or a pan, they caramelize and surrender to the heat.
- Sweet potato sandwich: I make a wonderful sandwich from the seared sweet potatoes, just like I would make with a good slice of bread.
My sweet potato omelet: my sweet potato omelet is a huge hit, it’s prepared with a minimum of work (My sweet potato omelet can also be made from slices of eggplant / zucchini / baked peppers)
- Take out 2 slices of sweet potato from the container in the fridge.
- Choose a pan 20-24cm (7.8”-9.4”) diameter and pour a little olive oil in it.
- Place the two slices of sweet potato next to each other in the hot pan.
- Beat two eggs with a little salt in a bowl then pour the eggs into the pan between and around the sweet potatoes, do this gently and carefully.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on low heat until the eggs are completely cooked.
- Remove the lid and cool for a little while.
Move the sweet potato omelet to a serving plate and serve it alongside a salad or fill it and roll it as a tortilla (Have a sneak peek at the pictures).