Sweet potatoes are one of my huge loves.
They will always indulge me and bring me happiness.
There is something mesmerizing about sweet potatoes.
They can be soft and gentle,
They can be crispy with a kick,
They can be pampering and powerful.
They have a lot of textures and flavors,
And I’m excited to meet them every time.
This recipe is one of the most comforting recipes out there.
And it’s the easiest to prepare in the world.
Mixing the sauce,
Placing the sweet potatoes,
Covering the baking pan,
And putting it in the oven 🙂
That’s it, four actions and this pan is yours 🙂
This recipe is the kind of recipe that you make in an instant and the oven does most of the work.
So easy and simple,
That’s how it pampers and comforts.
This is one of my tricks for dinner parties.
Dinners that basicaly prepare themselves,
And they just wait for us to come and eat them.
Soft, tasty and happy days of sweet potatoes 🙂
Baked Sweet Potatoes in a Creamy Sauce
- 8-10 mini sweet potatoes / 2-3 large cut sweet potatoes (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
For the sauce:
- 1 cup coconut cream / cooking cream / plant based cream
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder / crushed garlic clove
- 2 sprigs of rosemary / thyme
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C), turbo mode.
- In the baking pan, put all the ingredients of the sauce, the water, coconut cream, maple syrup, olive oil, salt and garlic powder and mix well into a uniform liquid.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and arrange them in a pan over the sauce. If you choose mini sweet potatoes, it’s necessary to pierce each sweet potato with a knife, so that they do not explode in the oven.
- Sprinkle the rosemary over the sweet potatoes and the sauce, and place parchment paper on top of the pan without sealing it on the pan.
- Put the pan in the center of the oven and bake for 1 hour. After an hour check if the sweet potatoes are soft. If they are still not soft, continue baking for another 15-30 minutes. The baking time of the sweet potatoes and how long it takes them to soften depends on their size and thickness.
- When the sweet potatoes are soft, remove the parchment paper and bake for another 15 minutes until the sauce is caramelized and reduced. If the amount of liquid has really reduced, add another quarter of a cup of water, mix and put the pan back in for caramelization.
Take the pan out of the oven and serve warm 🙂
A little extra from me:
- The sweet potatoes can be kept in the fridge in a sealed box for up to 3 days.
- The recipe can also be made using pieces of pumpkin (especially chestnut pumpkin) / zucchini / thickly sliced cabbage / kohlrabi / beets.
- If you don’t have rosemary or thyme, you can omit it or add any other herb you like.