This is exactly the right day to be making banana cake in 1½ minutes.
I can’t explain how fun it is to go into the kitchen,
Be in it for 5 minutes, including making the cake and washing the dishes,
and coming out of it with a warm indulging banana cake.
I make this cake super often,
It’s one of the best treats that was ever created in my kitchen.
I always get excited making it and serving it.
It suits everyone.
And it’s the quickest and softest dessert that you’ll encounter.
My favorite version is the chocolate version,
but we also hold great respect to the pecan version in our home.
Michael takes an active part in making this cake from start to finish,
Starting from eating the remained half banana,
To licking any spoon we use,
And of course eating the cake.
Because it’s just perfect,
It’s super indulging,
And any mom will be excited to see her children eat such a healthy and good cake.
It’s sticky and juicy,
It’s moist and comforting,
It’s exciting and will make your heart pound,
And it’s just an indulgence,
Warm and hot,
For every day of the year though especially for chilly rainy days.
In short, go and get into the kitchen,
Five minutes and you’ll be hugging the cake on your sofa.
And don’t forget to smile between the bites 🙂
Sweet and happy days of indulgence to all of us 🙂
Banana Cake in 1½ Minutes
Ingredients: suitable for a mug cake for one gobbler or two who want a snack 🙂
- ½ banana
- 1½ tablespoon non-dairy milk / regular milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil / coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra From Me”)
- 3 tablespoons oat flour (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra From Me”)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 cubes dark chocolate out of a chocolate bar (I leave one for the center of the mug and chop the other three finely) (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra From Me”)
- Squash half a banana in a micro-safe mug, If you choose to make the cake in the oven then choose an oven-safe dish.
- To the squashed banana add the non-dairy milk and oil and mix well.
- Add peanut butter and maple syrup and mix again.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix really well. Scatter the chocolate in our mixture, Hide one chocolate cube in the center of the mug, add a little more chocolate on top.
- Put in the microwave for 1:30 minutes or in a preheated oven to 355°F (180°C) for between 3-5 minutes.
Serve hot and indulge 🙂
A little extra from me:
- I recommend that you eat the cake in close proximity to when you make it.
- Click here to see how to grind oat flour at home.
- Oat flour can be substituted for almond flour / coconut flour / rice flour / quinoa flour / spelt flour (Contains gluten). The best version is the one containing oat flour or almond flour.
- Can be made with whatever nut butter you like, though the peanut butter version is the best and most indulging one.
- Dark chocolate can be substituted for cranberries / chopped pecans / raisins.
How to grind oatmeal at home 🙂