A salad that is the star of the table is the secret to a good and balanced meal.
I like having a central salad on the table,
So delicious that everyone will pass the bowl from hand to hand.
There are several principles in a salad.
The most important principles are found in the freshness of the vegetables, the crunch and its dressing.
Because when all the flavors are balanced and there’s a celebration of textures in your mouth, the whole experience is like nothing you’ve seen before.
This salad suits everyone,
Those who don’t eat gluten and those who are vegan,
Those on a diet or those who simply want to indulge in a good, casual bite.
I like having a neutral salad on the table,
one that you can escape to,
Get your plate dirty with it and surrender to its experience.
What’s amazing about this salad is that any changes you make to it will be welcomed,
If you want to replace the apple with a pear, you got it!
If you want to replace the cauliflower with broccoli, you got it!
If you want to replace the onion with a carrot, you got it!
Everything you want to put in it will work, because the secret is in maintaining the basic quantities and principles of a perfect salad.
In short, I hope I’ve convinced you that every table must have its star salad,
A salad full of accuracy, that the s whole bowl will be gobbled in minutes.
Salad days full of freshness, joy and health to all of us 🙂
Cauliflower and Apple Salad
- 1 whole medium cauliflower
- 1 apple green / red
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- ¼ onion red / green / chives
- ½ cup roasted pecans or any other nut you like
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons white wine vinegar / red wine vinegar / apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup / honey
- 1 level tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder / thinly sliced garlic clove
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C) and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Let’s prepare the cauliflower: cut the cauliflower into small florets, pour olive oil in a baking pan and scatter the cauliflower florets on it. Sprinkle a pinch of salt, place additional parchment paper on top of the pan – just place it on top of the pan without sealing, this will make the cauliflower soften and at the same time remain juicy and good.
- Put in the oven to bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove the parchment paper and bake for another 5-10 minutes until lightly browned, take out of the oven and cool.
- Let’s prepare the salad dressing: put all the dressing ingredients in a bowl / jar and mix well.
- Cut the rest of the vegetables of the salad, cut them in different shapes so that there will be a variety of textures and shapes in our salad.
- In close proximity to the meal, assemble the salad. Add the baked cauliflower and pecans to the bowl of cut vegetables, pour the dressing over the salad (if you used a fresh garlic clove and not garlic powder, remove it from the dressing beforehand).
Mix well and serve. I’m sure everyone will enjoy this stunning salad 🙂
A little extra from me:
- You can prepare the cauliflower and the jar of salad dressing a day or two in advance.
- I recommend assembling the salad right before serving it.
- Try to keep the lettuce fresh and dry.
- The salad ingredients can vary according to your personal taste.