I love quiches so much,
This is one of my favorite bites.
The combination of quiche next to a crispy and fresh salad is the most insane bite there is.
My cheese quiche will contain any type of cheese you like.
It’ll celebrate any cheese, and grace the table with its beauty.
I like to make it in the middle of the day before dinner,
And let it wait in the corner of the counter until the moment it moves to the center of the dinner table.
I will always serve a fresh lettuce salad with it,
And I’m just delighted about the combination of the two of these together in one dreamy and wonderful plate.
This is a wonderful recipe that will indulge everyone,
It’ll make everyone happy,
It’ll thrill everyone,
And it’ll make everyone smile.
Happy and joyful quiche days to us all 🙂
Ingredients: suitable for a quiche pan with a removable bottom or a round springform pan 10.2”/11” (26/28cm)
For the dough:
- 2 eggs (M / L)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1¼ cups almond flour
- 1¼ cups oat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
For the filling:
- 500g yogurt (I used 9% fat yogurt)
- 3 eggs (M / L)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (Not a must)
- Leaves from 3-4 thyme stalks
- 500g salty cheeses (I used 250g of feta cheese and 250g of Bulgarian cheese)
- 100g of grated cheese (parmesan / mozzarella / yellow)
For the topping:
- 50g grated cheese (I used parmesan, but mozzarella and yellow cheese will also work great)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) on turbo mode, and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Let’s start making the dough: in a bowl, put the eggs, olive oil and salt and mix well.
- To the bowl, add the almond flour, oat flour and baking powder and mix everything with a spoon until dough crumbs are formed. Once dough crumbs are formed, we will begin working with our hands and create a smooth ball of dough that’s convenient to work with.
- Place the ball of dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll out to a uniform thickness so that the dough is slightly larger than the size of the pan we chose.
- Remove the upper sheet of parchment paper and with the help of the lower parchment paper turn the dough over on the baking pan. Remove the bottom parchment paper and arrange the dough. Cut the edges of the dough so that it fits within the borders of the baking pan (Have a sneak peek at the pictures).
- Let’s move on to preparing the filling: in a bowl, put the yogurt, eggs, salt and spices and mix well. Add the salty cheeses and the grated cheese to the bowl and mix everything into a uniform mixture.
- Pour the filling over the dough in the baking pan and sprinkle the grated cheese over it.
- Put in the oven and bake for between 35-45 minutes, until the quiche becomes brown and tan.
Take out of the oven, cool for a little while and serve hot straight out of the oven / room temperature / cold from the fridge, with a lot of love 🙂
A little extra from me:
- The quiche can be kept in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 4 days.
- The salty cheeses can be substituted for any cheese you like.
- Any type of yogurt you choose will work, I recommend using unsweetened yogurt.
- You can make the quiche using 1¾ cups of oat flour and omit the almond flour.
- You can make the quiche using 1½ cups of almond flour + 1 cup of corn flour and omit the oat flour.
- Click here to see how to grind oat flour at home.
- What do we do with the rest of the quiche dough? make a chef’s treat pie: combine the leftover dough and roll it out to a uniform thickness. Place the rolled dough in the bottom of a bowl that’s oven-safe. Add a little salty cheese that you like, a few leaves of kale or any other vegetable that you like on top of the dough. Break an egg on top of that and bake for 15 minutes in an oven preheated to 350°F (175°C), on turbo mode.
- You can replace the thyme and season the cheese mixture with any other herb you like.
How to grind oatmeal at home 🙂