.As I was waking up during the night to feed baby Refael, I could smell them
Our Fruit basket is located on the way to the kids bedroom from our bedroom, and every time I passed by it, I could just smell those incredible bananas.
While I was Feeding little Refaeli in the dead of night, I fantasized on my morning coffee sided with a soft, cloudy banana cake with the most intoxicating scent.
.It was 5:23 am when the night ended and my day had begun
,When I woke up I went straight into my kitchen and started to make it
.My cloud banana cake
.And wow, what a cake it is
Her smell was playing like music in every room of the house and woke everyone up to a banana- cinnamon intoxicating scent just like I fantasized
,It is tanned
,It is simply beautiful
,It is soft like a cloud on a clear day
,It is tenderly sweet
.And it has a magnificent aroma
,This cake is quick
,Fun to start the day with
.Fun to eat at sunset
,It’s exciting and enjoyable
,It’s soft and sweet
.And it takes only a few minutes to make it
,It was created from a night of giving to my beloved children
.And out of my deep longing for coffee on those types of nights
I dedicate this cake to all the moms and dads going through nights filled with giving and hugging their children in the latest hours of the night.
Sweet and happy days of giving to us all 🙂
Cloud Banana Cake
Ingredients: suitable for a big loaf pan
- 2 bananas
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup olive/coconut oil
- ½ cup vegan milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra From Me”)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra From Me”)
- 1 cup oat flour (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra From Me”)
- 1 cup almond flour (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra From Me”)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (10g)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) on turbo mode (Also possible to bake in a static oven) and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Peel the bananas and mash them with a fork.
- In a mixing bowl add all liquid ingredients, mashed bananas, eggs, olive oil, vegan milk, maple syrup, almond butter and salt and mix until forming a uniform mixture.
- In another mixing bowl add all dry ingredients, oat flour, almond flour, baking powder and cinnamon and mix it well.
- Merge both liquid and dry bowls into one bowl until forming a slightly thick, uniform mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake in the oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick or wooden skewer inserted into the cake comes out dry.
Take out of the oven, pour powdered sugar and serve to all the family members that ran towards the oven following the smell 🙂
A little extra from me:
- The cake can be kept in a sealed box for up to 4 days.
- Almond butter can be substituted for tahini or can be excluded completely from the ingredients.
- Oats flour can be substituted for rice flour / coconut flour / teff flour / almond flour.
- Click here to see how to grind oat flour at home.
- Almond flour can be substituted for oat flour / teff flour / rice flour.
- Maple syrup can be substituted for date syrup / agave syrup / ¼ cup sugar.
- Could add dark chocolate flakes, pecans or nuts.
- Cinnamon is dispensable.
How to grind oats to flour at home 🙂