This bun makes me happy.
It reminds me of a juicy bite out of challah bread on Saturdays.
It’s insanely soft,
It’s cloudy and marvelous,
It’s indulging and good,
It excites continuously,
It’s easy to make, It’s beautiful,
And this whole thing can be ready in less than 5 minutes of work.
Is there anything more magical?
I love filling my lentil bun with all that is good.
A good spread and a few slices of vegetables and the heart dances with joy.
You will feel the serenity spreading through your body after one bite of this bun.
Your heart will fall in love with the bun in an instant,
Your body will ask for more and more of it,
And you, you’ll dream of it in moments of sweet hunger.
I know what my breakfast is going to be on passover days and regular days as well,
Give it a chance, worst case you’ll fall in love, big time 🙂
Tasty and happy, exciting days of spring to us all 🙂
Cloud Lentil Bun
ingredients : suitable for one bun, in a micro-safe ball 10cm (3.9”) diameter
- 1 egg (Size M / L)
- ¼ cup lentil flour (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra From Me”)
- 5 tablespoons drinking sparkling water / still water (For airy and chubby buns I recommend choosing sparkling water)
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- In a small bowl put eggs, salt, baking powder, water and lentil flour and mix until receiving a uniform texture that is slightly liquid. Kindly notice – it is important to mix until there are no more lumps of lentil flour left.
- Choose a micro-safe bowl. I chose a bowl with straight brim to create a perfect bun shape, the bowl diameter is 10cm (3.9”). Oil the bottom and the walls of the bowl a little and put the mixture in it. Flatten the mixture well and put in the microwave for 3-4 minutes depending on your microwave’s power level, in my microwave it takes 3 minutes.
- After baking in the microwave the bun is ready, you can eat it soft and airy and that’s the most tasty way to eat it.
***** You can also burn the bun a little. There are two burning techniques I recommend. You can cut the bun in two on its wide side or leave it whole. The first technique is using a hot pan with a little olive oil and the second is in a panini press (Try not to squash the bun so it’ll remain airy and chubby).
Fill the bun with all that is good, any filling will be welcome, the bun likes to contain anything, and then serve with great pleasure 🙂
A little extra from me:
- Click here to see how to grind red lentil flour at home.
- Pregnant women – try eating the bun after burning it for the sake of feeling safe in terms of cooking the egg.
- You can also make the bun, cool it for a little bit, wrap it and take it with you to work or a picnic, just try to wrap it while it’s already cold and not hot.
- Lentil flour can be substituted for chickpea flour / quinoa flour using the same portions.
- I recommend making and serving in proximity to when you make it.
- Can be baked in an oven-safe pan, in a preheated oven to 355°F (180°C) for between 5-10 minutes.
- Click here for an almond bun recipe in 2 minutes 🙂
- Enjoy, experience, bloom, share and most importantly smile 🙂
how to grind red lentil flour at home 🙂