Huge pancakes are your freedom in the morning.
A huge pancake is to prepare a meal in an instant for the whole family.
A giant pancake is supreme happiness.
A huge pancake is a great joy.
A giant pancake is to drink hot coffee while breakfast is cooking.
A giant pancake is perfect.
A huge pancake is the juiciest bite ever,
A giant pancake is insanely good,
A huge pancake will become everyone’s favorite meal,
A huge pancake is amazing for us and for the children.
My giant pancake was born one a Friday when we got up late,
We realized that if we don’t leave for the beach within 30 minutes, we won’t be able to get to the beach at a convenient time.
I got up, mixed pancake batter and decided to save time frying small pancakes and simply fry ourselves a huge, practical,
quick, light, nutritious and wonderful pancake.
I transferred the batter to a large, wide pan,
I lowered the heat to low heat and covered the pan with a lid,
I wanted the pancake to cook slowly and I would continue to organize myself and our things for the beach, and so it was.
While organizing our stuff, I glanced at the pancake and when the time came I turned it over and gave it another burn on the
I took it out of the pan, cut it into triangles and put it in a box and off we went.
Oh how pampering it was, we were overjoyed.
It’s the lightest and funnest bite ever,
It’s the softest and smoothest bite you’ll ever meet,
It’s the sweetest bite you’ll ever taste,
It’s just a perfect bite that goes perfectly with any fruit you choose and a good cup of coffee.
Wow, my giant pancake next to a cup of coffee is an insane combination, It left me speechless.
It’s so classic that there’s no need to sweeten it or decorate it with treats.
It’s good like this on its own and with any side dish you choose.
A minute of crushing and mixing and all the magic will happen while you hug a good cup of coffee and the pancake will cook by itself.
Because this is the recipe for a simple healthy and good morning.
Healthy and happy days of rest ❤️
Family banana pancakes
Ingredients: suitable for a pan 10.2 (26cm) diameter, for about 4 dishes (2 parents plus 2 children).
- 2 large or 3 medium bananas
- 4 eggs size M or L
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Peel the bananas, put them in a bowl and mash them with a fork to a relatively smooth paste.
- Add the eggs to the bowl and mix well.
- Add the oat flour and the baking powder and mix again until you get a uniform and smooth batter.
- Heat the pan on low-medium heat and pour a little olive / coconut oil. When the pan is hot, transfer the batter to it and flatten it so that it spreads throughout the pan.
- Lower the heat to a relatively low heat and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for about 5-12 minutes and check the state of the batter every few moments. Pay attention – the top of the pancake should dry and only then will it be possible to turn the pancake, you have to be patient and you’ll get a perfect pancake 🙂
- How do we turn the giant pancake? Turn off the heat and take a flat plate with the same diameter as the pan, transfer the pancake to the flat plate by sliding it from the pan to the plate. If it doesn’t come off easily, loosen it with a spatula and then slide it to a plate. Tilt the pan and transfer the pancake back to the pan from the other side. This method will only work when the top of the pancake is relatively dry.
- Turn on the heat again to low-medium heat and cook the other side of the pancake and let it burn well for 3-5 minutes.
Transfer it to a cutting board, cut into cubes or triangles like a pizza and serve a mountain of pancakes to the table 🙂
Another option for making the pancake is to bake the pancake and thus it’ll be possible to avoid flipping the pancake from the pan to the plate.
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C) on turbo mode.
- Prepare the pancake batter exactly according to the instructions above.
- Heat a pan suitable for the oven on medium-high heat, pour the pancake batter into it and let it burn a little, about 3 minutes.
- Put the pan in the oven for 10-15 minutes. The pancake will be completely baked on all sides and there will be no need to turn it using the plate technique.
- When the pancake is ready, all we have left to do is to transfer it to a cutting board, cut it into the desired shape and serve 🙂
A little extra from me:
- The pancake can be kept in a sealed box in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- The pancake can be heated in the microwave / in a pan / in the oven for a few minutes.
- The pancake is really delicious cold from the fridge.
- I recommend choosing a non-stick pan.
- Click here to see how to grind oat flour at home.
- You can replace the oat flour with ¾ cup of spelt flour (contains gluten) / 1 cup of almond flour / ¾ cup of ivory teff flour. There’s no doubt that the tastiest version is the oat flour version.
- If you want to use a sweetener, although I don’t think it’s necessary, you can add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup / 2 tablespoons of sugar / ½ teaspoon of cinnamon.
How to grind oatmeal at home 🙂