My homely egg salad is one of the most loved and indulging salads.
Michaeli calls it “Egg Spread” and he could eat and enjoy it every minute of the day.
Its magic is in its texture.
It gives the bite softness and make it an indulgence,
And it gives in to any spread you choose to make the salad with.
It’s really the technique that makes it so easy and simple to prepare.
Grinding the boiled eggs with a grater turns the texture tender and soft.
It smears perfectly in any sandwich we choose to match it with.
And it’s one of the most fun and tastiest salads there are.
A few single minutes of boiling the eggs,
Peeling and grinding them with a grater,
And this magic will wait for you to give it an indulging bite.
Because there’s nothing like an egg salad sandwich with the most tasty texture you’d encounter 🙂
Happy and joyful indulgent days to us all 🙂
Homely Egg Salad
Ingredients: suitable for between 4-6 dishes
- 6-8 eggs
Spread to mix with
- Seasoned tahini:
- ½ cup tahini
- ⅓ cup water
- Lemon juice out of half a lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder / 1 crushed garlic clove
- Dairy option:
- ½ cup thick yogurt / cream cheese / heavy cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon mustard
- Salt according to your personal taste
- In a small saucepan put water, place the eggs in the saucepan and boil them until they’re completely cooked.
- Cool off the boiled eggs completely. Once they’re cold, peel and grind them on the narrow side of the grater.
- In a separate bowl mix all the ingredients of the spread you chose until forming a uniform smooth mixture.
- Put the boiled and grinded eggs inside the spread bowl and mix well. Check the taste and adjust if needed.
Move our salad into the serving dish or a storage box and enjoy 🙂
A little extra from me:
- Can be kept in a sealed box in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Can add seasoning according to your personal taste such as sweet paprika, oregano, hyssop, dried basil etc.