A few weeks ago, Michael asked me to prepare chips for him.
Simple and fun chips, just like the one from the good old days.
And we started making baked chips together for lunch.
When we set the table we realized that there was no ketchup in the fridge.
Michaeli was disappointed,
And I decided that there was no way I was going to let the excitement surrounding this meal turn into a big disappointment.
I took a bowl out of the cupboard,
Mixed three ingredients in less than 30 seconds,
And I made us the best, tastiest ketchup I’ve ever tasted.
The children didn’t notice the difference.
We enjoyed every moment,
And this meal was full of joy, love and family.
Since then, this recipe has become our house recipe.
No more squeeze-bottles of ketchup on our fridge door.
I usually prepare the ketchup especially for the meal,
It stays with us for a few days, but ends very quickly.
It’s the happy jar waiting in the fridge to celebrate exciting and quick bites.
It’s perfect as a sauce for pasta or pizza,
It’s stunning in a toast,
It’s insane alongside chips,
And it’s also sweet and wonderful as an addition to stews.
All you have to do is choose the amount you want to prepare,
And always be surprised that it ends in an instant 🙂
Happy and joyful days of ketchup to us all 🙂
Ingredients: suitable for a 250ml jar
- 200g tomato paste (With no additives)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, put all ingredients, tomato paste, maple syrup and salt and mix well into a thick ketchup spread.
- Put our ketchup in a jar, lighty drizzle olive oil on top and close the jar with the lid.
Serve alongside any dish you like and enjoy 🙂
A little extra from me:
- The ketchup can be kept in the fridge in a sealed container / jar for up to 10 days.
- It’s important to always insert a clean spoon into the ketchup container.
- Maple syrup can be substituted for agave syrup or honey.
- You can use the ketchup as a sauce for a stunning red pasta.
- The ketchup can fit everything, such as my once in a lifetime schnitzel (click here to view the recipe), as a spread inside a toast (click here to view the recipe) or as a sauce for a delicious pizza (click here to view the pizza category).