My hot pan is the perfect solution for cold days.
It’s the upgraded indulging version of the classic meal – omelet & salad.
This pan will contain any vegetable you choose for it,
It’ll contain it and give it caramelized and indulging flavors.
The hot vegetables will fit perfectly next to your eggs,
Any type of eggs you choose 🙂
Scrambled, vegan omelet, soft scrambled, fried egg or boiled egg.
Any version you choose will turn out to be your hot pan.
I like to make my hot pan on cold days.
It’s the warming moment of my day.
Sometimes I start my day with it and sometimes I end it with it.
It fits perfectly for any moment during the day and will turn into indulging, nutritious and warmer.
It’s an indulging plate,
Filled with warm hugs ,
A plate that could turn into whatever you like it to be,
All that’s left for you to is to choose your vegetables ensemble,
The type of eggs you like and celebrate it.
Diverse and happy, indulging and warm days 🙂
Ingredients: suitable for 1 indulging plate made out of 2 eggs
For the “hot” salad:
- Any vegetable you choose will work, better choosing vegetables that you can fry quickly and doesn’t require long cooking (Such as sweet potatoes or potatoes)
Zucchini or courgette, mushrooms, fennel, spring onion, red onions, carrot (To fry but not until it softens), garlic, pumpkin cubes, kale leaves curly or flat, sprouted lentils, snow peas, corn kernels or baby corn, kohlrabi, broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, parsley and cilantro.
For the eggs: (For the vegan version, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup non-dairy / regular milk
- Start by cutting the vegetables: peel and cut the vegetables into bite size.
- Pour a little olive oil in a pan on a high flame, and in the pan put first vegetables that require a little longer time to fry, fry them a little to get them softer and then add the rest of the cut vegetables and fry them all together until the vegetables gives in to the heat and become slightly transparent. When they’re ready, move them to a serving plate.
- In a bowl put all the eggs ingredients, eggs, salt and milk and mix well using a fork. Pour a little more olive oil in the pan where we fried the vegetables and pour the egg mixture on it. Make sure to move the mixture to the center of the pan until it’s forming and not drying.
Place our omelet on top of the mountain of vegetables that we kept on the side and serve while it’s hot and tasty 🙂
A little extra from me:
- Can be kept in the fridge in a sealed box for up to 3 days.
- At times I pre-make the vegetables, split it into three meals and keep in the fridge. When I need a comforting plate I make an omelet and add it to the vegetables close to the meal.
- I recommend adding cherry tomatoes towards the end of frying the vegetables, Just for a burn.
- Can make a classic scrambled egg and not necessarily an omelet.
- Can grind parmesan or feta cheese on top of the plate.
- For the vegan version: for one dish of scrambled egg or an omelet (If you like more you can double the portions): ¼ cup chickpea / lentil flour, ¼ cup water / non-dairy milk and a pinch of salt. Make the vegan mixture the same way you would make the egg mixture. Put all ingredients in a bowl, mix well using a fork and pour into the pan where we fried the vegetables, until the omelet is ready.
- Vegetables can be fried with coconut oil as well or any other type of oil that you like.
- Can season with any spice that you like. I like adding sweet paprika / hyssop / oregano / turmeric / dry ginger powder.