Teff – the smallest and sweetest grain in the world.
A small grain full of amazing nutrients.
I like to start the morning with two good and nutritious slices of bread on my plate.
When there’s no bread in the house, my balance is different throughout the day.
I love to make my breads with great love.
I put pleasant and beloved music in the background,
Mix the batter for two minutes and put it in the oven.
The wonderful smell of the bread blends amazingly with the music and the desire to give myself a little more balance to my
This teff bread is like a cloud,
It’s soft and just the most pampering in the world.
When you bite into it, you realize how genius the flavor is.
How much health this flour brings to the whole world,
How noticeable the mineral flavors in it are,
How its sweetness crosses borders.
I like to eat my teff bread
At meals of the edges of the day- in the morning or in the evening.
It gives me a balanced and relaxed feeling of satiety,
It’s easy to digest and provides a lot to our body.
The combination of a soft bite like a cloud next to a soft and fresh spread,
Makes the whole celebration even more perfect and indulgent.
This is a three step recipe.
Three stages that give me and my family a meal full of comfort, balance, textures and flavors.
A few minutes of preparation and this happiness will also be waiting for you on your plate.
Happy balance days to all of us 🙂
Insane Teff Bread
Ingredients: suitable for a loaf pan (nondisposable)
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup olive oil (for alternatives, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk (I chose coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (for alternatives, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup teff flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (for alternatives, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- 3 additional tablespoons add-ins of your choice- chia seeds / white sesame / flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon of the add-in you chose to spread over the batter
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C) on turbo mode, and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a blender / bowl put all the ingredients except for the add-ins, the eggs, oil, milk, maple syrup, salt, teff flour and baking powder and mix everything well.
- Add two tablespoons of the add-in and mix.
- Transfer the batter to the baking pan and spread the spoonful of the topping we kept aside over the batter.
- Put in the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry from the bread.
A little extra from me:
- The bread can be kept in the fridge in a sealed box for up to 5 days.
- You can freeze the bread when it’s cut into slices with parchment paper between each slice. You can keep it in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- I recommend heating a slice of bread in a panini press / hot pan before eating.
- I don’t recommend using a disposable loaf pan, it’s not strong enough and therefore won’t hold the bread properly.
- Click here to view the vegan version of the teff bread.
- You can make the bread without the add-ins, or mix different types of add-ins. I really like to use white sesame or chia seeds.
- You can choose any non-dairy milk you like / dairy milk / water.
- The olive oil can be substituted for coconut oil.
- The maple syrup can be substituted for honey or you can omit it (but it adds a lot).
- The baking powder can be substituted for baking soda.