When my Oatmeal Pita Breads were born,
My adventures in the kitchen just grew further and further.
Thank to these wonderful adventures, my amazing crackers were born,
Which immediately took a place of honor in my kitchen.
They have been accompanying me for several months.
I have a happy jar of crackers in the kitchen for every hour of the day.
They combine amazingly as part of a meal,
They are the crispy bite next to the salad,
They are the thrill of a four-o’clock snack,
And they are the perfect match for a plate of vegetables and a good chilled dip.
I am in love with their crispiness and their wonderful taste.
And they are the best crackers, tastiest and most fun there is.
This is a quick recipe that requires two main ingredients,
And a few quick minutes of work.
It’ll give you huge joy in your heart and many delicious and nutritious moments.
Happy and delicious cracker days to all of us 🙂
Ingredients: suitable for one pan of cracker
- 1¼ cups boiling water
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano (Or any other spice you like)
- Pinch of salt
*It is very important to mix and unify all the ingredients well and only then check the condition of your dough. If your dough is too sticky, gradually add 2-4 tablespoons of oat flour. Each time add one tablespoon, mix and if necessary add another tablespoon. Note that the dough solidifies after a short cooling.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) on turbo mode (Not a must, upper and lower heat mode is also possible).
- In a wide pan, put the boiling water, olive oil, garlic powder, dry oregano and salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the oat flour to the pan and stir continuously over low heat until a soft and sticky dough forms.
- Take the ball of dough out of the pan, place it in a bowl and let it cool for a few minutes. If there is an air conditioner in the house, cover the dough with cling film until it cools so that it doesn’t dry out.
- Sprinkle a little flour on our work surface and create a beautiful ball of dough with the most addictive softness.
- Roll out the ball of dough between two sheets of parchment paper with a rolling pin to a uniform thickness, be careful not to roll it too thin.
- Remove the top parchment paper and cut the rolled dough into squares, you can also cut it into sticks, triangles or any other shape you like.
- Put the pan in the oven to bake for between 25-30 minutes until the crackers are golden and a little stiff. After cooling they will be even stiffer.
Take it out of the oven, let it cool for a little while and serve it next to a dip, as part of a meal or as a wonderful snack 🙂
A little extra from me:
- The crackers can be kept in a sealed container on the counter for up to 5 days. If the container is sealed against moisture, the crackers will stay crispy for long.
- You can use any dried herb or a dry spice you like, such as paprika / turmeric / caraway.
- It’s not possible to add add-ins like seeds and sesame, unfortunately it won’t work.
- Click here to see how to grind oat flour at home.
- The crackers will go great with my quick tofu cheese (Click here to view the recipe) or next to my wonderful lentil spread (Click here to view the recipe).
How to grind oatmeal at home 🙂