This is a classic Israeli combination,
The carrot’s bright orange with the orange’s infinite orange.
Just like that, in one moment two bright oranges combine and create marvelous moist and eternal taste.
A tart and earthy flavor,
A sweet and vivacious flavor,
An indulging wintery home flavor.
It’s a classic cake that doesn’t have many competitors.
Its flavors are clear and pleasant,
Its texture is addictive and fluffy,
It’s hypnotizing with its beauty,
And it’s even more tasty the day after making it.
This is a quick and easy recipe and it’s here to celebrate with all of us a wintery weekend filled with wonderful sun.
This recipe will light every corner of this weekend,
And mostly it’ll sweeten a lot of sweet family moments.
Tasty, healthy and happy days of sun to us all 🙂
Orange & Carrot Cake
Ingredients: suitable for a loaf pan or a round pan 26cm (10.2“) diameter
- 4 eggs size M / L
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra From Me”)
- A zest of orange taken out of half an orange
- ⅓ cup maple / agave syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup oat flour (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra From Me”)
- 1 cup almond flour (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra From Me”)
- 1 bag baking powder (10g)
- 1 cup carrot shredded on the fine side of the grater
- Pinch of cinnamon (Not a must)
- Pinch of ginger powder (Not a must)
- If you like you can add raisins / finely chopped walnuts / almonds or anything else you like.
For the glaze:
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- A little orange zest
- Pinch of cinnamon (Not a must)
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) on turbo mode and line a loaf baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl put all liquid ingredients, eggs, olive oil, non-dairy milk, orange zest, maple syrup and salt and mix well.
- In a bowl put all dry ingredients, oat flour, almond flour and baking powder and mix.
- Combine between the liquid ingredients bowl and the dry ingredients bowl and mix well.
- To the bowl add shredded carrot, cinnamon, ginger powder and add-ins, if you choose any, and mix well until forming a uniform mixture.
- Put the mixture in the baking pan and bake in the oven for between 30-35 minutes.
- Move on to the glaze: In a bowl put all ingredients, almond butter, maple syrup, orange zest, cinnamon and non-dairy milk and mix well.
Take the cake out of the oven, cool for a little while, smear the insane glaze on top of it and serve with a huge smile 🙂
A little extra from me:
- Can be kept in the fridge in a sealed box for up to 3 days.
- The cake can also be made without the glaze.
- Can use any non-dairy milk you like / cow milk / orange juice / water.
- Can use a zest of clementine and clementine juice instead of oranges.
- Orange zest is dispensable, you can just make an insane carrot cake.
- Spices are not a must (cinnamon and ginger powder), or alternatively add more types of spices and make a seasoned cake.
- To whomever likes high relative sweetness more than subtle sweetness, add 2-3 tablespoons of sugar or substitute the maple syrup for ½ – ¾ cup of sugar according to the sweetness you like.
- Oat flour can be substituted for rice flour / almond flour / teff flour.
- Click here to see how to grind oat flour at home.
- Almond flour can be substituted for oat flour / teff flour / rice flour.
- Oat flour + almond flour can be substituted for 1½ cups of spelt flour (Contains gluten).
How to grind oatmeal at home 😊