I don’t believe in black or white,
My kitchen allows everything.
It respects every path it meets,
It empowers every approach and accommodates them all.
I am not by any definition,
And I love the fact that I just know how to enjoy all worlds.
My tofu cheese accompanies me quite a bit in my everyday life.
It’s the precision for every meal,
It’s creamy and gentle,
it’s juicy and moist,
It’s full of flavor.
It does not compromise,
And above all, it’s really, really tasty.
I have a few tricks that turns it into a cheese that’s fun to spread,
For cheese that’s good and stable,
For fun and comforting cheese.
This cheese can contain a lot of flavors.
You just have to choose the one that works best for you,
The one that’ll upgrade your meal,
The one that’ll best represent your home,
Your kitchen and your tastes.
This is one of the fastest recipes you will come across.
It’s light and full of precision.
It’ll pamper you for several days in a row,
And it requires mixing, grinding and it’ll be ready 🙂
Delicious and happy days to us all 🙂
Paprika Tofu Cheese
Ingredients: suitable for a 250ml jar
- 1 block silken tofu (350g)
- Juice out of ½ a lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika (For more options to upgrade the taste of the cheese, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons oat flour (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Put all the ingredients in the blender in the following order (The order matters): first put the block of silken tofu, then add the lemon juice, salt, sweet paprika, garlic powder, olive oil and finally the oat flour and grind everything well.
- Taste and check if there isn’t a lack of saltiness or acidity. If so, adjust and add a little salt or lemon juice and mix again until the desired taste is reached.
And that is it, the cheese is ready 🙂
A little extra from me:
- The cheese can be kept in the fridge in a sealed jar for up to 4 days.
- Use a clean spoon every time you eat the cheese to keep it from spoiling.
- It’s important to drizzle a little olive oil over the cheese to keep it fresh in the fridge.
- I recommend cooling it for about two hours before serving. It can also be served immediately after preparation, but it’ll be less stable.
- This cheese is parve (According to Jewish dietary laws- kashrut).
- The texture of the tofu is very important and significant to the texture of the cheese, so it’s important to choose silken tofu (any silken tofu will do).
- Click here to see how to grind oat flour at home.
- The oat flour makes the cheese more stable and less liquid.
- Oat flour can be substituted for 4 tablespoons of almond flour.
- Sweet paprika can be substituted for any spice you choose thyme / turmeric / sumac / olive spread / pesto / dried tomatoes. Any spice you like will go great with this cheese.
- If you are interested in cheese with a natural flavor, you can check my quick tofu cheese (Click here to view the recipe).
How to grind oatmeal at home 🙂