It doesn’t sound like the most refreshing and fun thing in the world,
But this cheese definitely is!
Beyond its eternal creaminess and the fact that it integrates with e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g,
It’s one of the most available and stunning things I have at home.
I always have silken tofu packs in my cupboard.
Every time I make something that requires a creamy and indulgent ingredient on the side, I take out the tofu
cubes and make this cheese.
Sometimes I make it when I don’t have a muse and sometimes just when I want a good slice of bread and creamy cheese on top.
Why tofu and not regular cheese? simply because it’s more available for us, and nutritious in a more
balanced and healthy way.
Two seconds of work, and five days of fun waiting for you in the fridge for every meal.
Happy cream cheese days 🙂
Quick Tofu Cheese
- 1 block silken tofu (silk or soft, it’s the same product)
- Juice out of ½ a lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Add-ins to choose from according to your personal taste: 2 tablespoons of pesto / 1 teaspoon of paprika / 1 garlic clove / 5 dried tomatoes / 1 tablespoon olive tapenade / 1 teaspoon hyssop
- In a bowl, put all the ingredients except the olive oil – the silken tofu block, lemon juice, salt, and the toppings (If you chose to add any) and grind well with a hand blender stick.
- Slowly drizzle the olive oil into our mixture while grinding.
- Taste and check if we don’t lack saltiness or acidity. If so, adjust and add a little salt or lemon juice and mix again until the desired taste is reached.
And that’s it, the cheese is ready 🙂
A little extra from me:
- The cheese can be kept in a sealed container between 4-5 days.
- It’s important to drizzle a little olive oil on top of the cheese to help keep it fresh in the fridge.
- This cheese is parve (According to Jewish dietary laws- kashrut).
- You can also make my Paprika Tofu Cheese (Click here to view the recipe).
- The cheese will work wonderfully with good bread (Click here to view the bread category).