My quick pot,
The quickest most indulging pot there is.
I make it in just 10 minutes and we have a warm and delicious lunch.
When I cook this pot there is no one who doesn’t open the door of the house and ask what this amazing smell is.
The combination of the pasta, the dreamy sauce and the soft and tender beef meatballs make this bite one of the most indulgent and comforting bites you will find.
Both children and grownups will enjoy this meal.
It is full of nutritional values and gives everyone a feeling of home and a huge hug.
Only ten minutes,
And let the fire do its magic.
This is one of the most fun recipes you will come across.
It is quick and gives each and every one of us the privilege of preparing a hot pot at home in just a few minutes.
Happy, delicious and joyful meatball days to us all 🙂
Red Sauce Pasta With Meatballs
Ingredients: suitable for a pot of 4-6 dishes
- 250g pasta (Any pasta you like will work)
For the meatballs:
- 500g (1lb) ground meat (Can be replaced with chicken or ground turkey)
- ½ cup oat flour (Can be substituted for almond flour / red lentil flour / quinoa flour)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder (Not a must)
For the sauce:
- 400-500g crushed tomatoes
- 100g tomato paste (About 4 tablespoons)
- ¾ cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (If you like it)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (If you like it)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (If you like it)
- In a bowl, put all the meatballs ingredients, the ground meat, oat flour, salt and garlic powder and mix well into a uniform mixture.
- Create uniform size meatballs out of the mixture. Choose a wide pot, pour a little olive oil and fry them until they are brown.
- In a pot, put all the sauce ingredients, the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, spices and maple syrup and mix.
- Bring the pot to boil, cover with a lid and let it cook for between 45-60 minutes. Stir the pot every 10 minutes by shaking the pot from side to side (And not by using a spoon).
- Boil the pasta in a pot of water according to the manufacturer’s instructions (I recommend preparing it towards the end of cooking the meatballs).
- When the pasta is ready, spread it gently in the pot between the meatballs.
Move to a plate and serve with love 🙂
A little extra from me:
- Can be kept in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- If you want, you can skip frying the meatballs, just begin preparing the sauce and only then add the meatballs to the pot. You can also bake the meatballs in an oven preheated to 355°F (180°C) on turbo mode for about 15 minutes and then add them to the pot.
- Click here to see how to grind oat flour at home.
- Oat flour can be substituted for almond flour / red lentil flour / quinoa flour. The meatballs will turn out softest when using oat flour / almond flour.
- You can add zucchini / potatoes / grated sweet potato to the meatball mixture
- You can add frozen peas to the meatball pot after building the sauce and adding its ingredients.
- You can serve the meatballs in the sauce alongside a rice or quinoa dish instead of pasta. Click to see a Basmati Rice recipe, click to see a Perfect Quinoa recipe.
How to grind oatmeal at home 🙂