Happy back to normal to all of us!
We’re all slowly finding our way back to our routine.
After the blessed vacations we’ve had, I like to prepare treats for myself that’ll turn into a meal in an instant.
And so these wonderful and exciting cookies were born.
I am a woman who likes salty foods and with them I must start my day.
So I created one festive and super summery bite that would combine all my dreams and turn into a meal in an instant.
My savory oatmeal cookies are the summer “porridge”.
It’s a bite full of nutritional values,
Full of textures,
Full of flavors,
Full of fabulous moisture,
A bite that’s actually a nutritious and wonderful meal.
Because what more do you need than some wonderful cookies to start your day with?
Add an exciting dip and some fresh vegetables to them and you’ve got a FABULOUS meal 🙂
These are cookies that are prepared in a few quick minutes,
And they accompany you for a few wonderful days in your everyday routine.
You can vary them and make a different flavor of nutritious and good cookies every week.
The oats give us a wide variety of wonderful nutritional values,
Dietary fiber that gives a calm and wonderful long-term feeling of satiety,
And minerals that’ll make everyone happy.
Because there’s nothing like starting your day with a bite of a salty, nutritious, tasty and good cookie.
One that allows me to give myself a good meal in less than a few minutes of work.
And so in a few moments I make my day more balanced and peaceful.
I start it with a bite full of goodness,
A bite that gives me a moment to take care of myself too,
A bite that knows how to tell me that it’s here for me,
A bite that everyone wants to taste,
A perfect bite,
Created from an understanding that if I don’t take care of myself, all the abundance in my life will not exist.
This is the time for all of us to give ourselves a little more.
And plan the availability of our food within our busy routine.
A few minutes of work and these wonderful cookies will accompany you to exciting balanced days.
Happy and joyful days, full of treats to all of us 🙂
Savory Oatmeal Cookies
Ingredients: suitable for about 10 cookies
- 1 egg (size M / L) (for a vegan alternative, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons tahini (for alternatives, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- ½ teaspoons salt
- You can add spices according to personal taste such as caraway / oregano / curry / paprika
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup instant oats (quaker)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup grated cheese – any cheese you like such as mozzarella / parmesan / gouda / vegan cheese
- ¼ cup dried tomatoes / finely chopped olives / dried onion chips (2 tablespoons)
- ¼ cup white sesame seeds for coating (not a must but they add a lot. Kindly note, I don’t recommend using black sesame seeds because they burn easily)
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C) on turbo mode (not a must, but I recommend) and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Put all the liquid ingredients, the egg, olive oil, tahini, salt and spices in a bowl and mix well.
- To the bowl, add the dry ingredients, the oat flour, instant oats and baking powder and mix well until you get a sticky paste (if the paste is too sticky, add 2-3 tablespoons of oat flour or instant oats).
- Add the cheese and add-ins to the bowl and mix again until you get a uniform paste that’s easy to work with.
- Create medium-sized round cookies from the paste and dip each cookie in sesame to coat all its sides.
- Place the cookies in the baking pan and bake for 10-15 minutes until the cookies are puffy and slightly tanned
Chill them well and serve alongside a cheese dip and vegetables and there you have it- a wonderful meal!
A little extra from me:
- The cookies can be kept in the fridge in a sealed box for up to 4 days (the crispiness of the cookies disappears a little each day).
- For a vegan version, you can replace the egg with ⅓ cup of tahini (this change will give a denser cookie with a different texture).
- You can replace the tahini with almond butter / non-dairy-milk.
- For pizza-flavored cookies, you can replace the tahini with tomato paste and add oregano and any type of yellow cheese.
- Click here to see how to grind oat flour at home.
- The cookies will go great with my quick tofu cheese (click here to view the recipe) or alongside my tzatziki style dip (click here to view the recipe).
How to grind oatmeal at home