You’re about to meet the most amazing recipe for the new savory granola that we’re all going to eat from now on.
This is not just an ordinary and innocent granola,
This is a savory granola that’s prepared in a pan in a few quick minutes.
You can make a lot of it and keep it in a box for any moment when you want to enrich your plate.
Or you can prepare a small portion in proximity to your meal preparation and enjoy every bite and every crunch.
Granola is an opportunity for us to enrich and celebrate the meal that we chose for it.
It’s perfect in a salad.
It’s stunning in a soup,
It’s insanely good when sprinkled over stews,
It’s amazing next to a yogurt and an omelet or a hard-boiled egg,
It’s crazy good on top of a good plate of labneh,
And the most wonderful bite with the granola is on top of roasted eggplants and tahini.
I have many more examples of how and where you can combine it.
Because it simply fits whatever you choose for it.
Oats are full of wonderful dietary fiber and many minerals,
That’ll give a vital feeling and a light and pleasant satiety feeling to your body.
The add-ins you choose for it will only enrich and strengthen its advantages even more.
And when it comes to the spices – the sky’s the limit!
Any flavor you want will combine wonderfully,
Starting with turmeric and paprika,
On to oregano and rosemary.
And if you’re the type that likes classic flavors,
Even salt alone will do the trick.
10 quick minutes of preparation,
And this wonderful bite will be waiting to celebrate with you any happy plate.
Happy and joyful granola days to all of us 🙂
Savory & Quick Granola
Ingredients: suitable for a 250g box
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup oats (for alternatives, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- ¼ cup white sesame
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup coconut powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of garlic powder
Have a look at “A little extra from me” for more options of toppings and spices
- Heat a little olive oil in a pot or a wide pan, add the oats and fry them while constantly stirring for about 4-5 minutes.
- After the oats have dried a little in the pan, add the salt and mix again. If you choose to add spices, now is the time to add and mix everything again so that the spices are evenly distributed in the pan.
- Add the add-ins we chose to our granola and continue to toast everything in the pan with constant stirring for a few more minutes, about 3-5 minutes. It’s important to make sure that the heat is on medium-high heat.
- At the point when the granola ingredients begin to brown a little, the granola is ready. Move the granola from the pan to a wide bowl and let it cool well. Only after it has completely cooled can you put it in a jar or a storage container. If you’re preparing the granola for a specific meal, you can prepare it a day or two in advance or right before the meal.
Serve with great love and enjoy every bite 🙂
A little extra from me:
- The granola can be kept in a sealed box for up to 10 days.
- You can replace the olive oil with any oil you like.
- You can replace the add-ins with any other add-ins you like such as: flax seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, whole almonds, walnuts, black sesame seeds, coconut shavings, pistachios or any add-ins you choose.
- Spices: any spice you like will work, such as turmeric, hyssop, sweet or hot paprika, sumac, cumin, thyme, oregano, rosemary, dried basil and more. Be careful not to overload with spices – ¼ teaspoon of any spice you like will be enough 🙂
- I recommend choosing instant oats for quick preparation, but you can also use whole oats.
- You can replace the oats with almond flour / coconut powder (for a ketogenic version). Kindly note that if you choose to replace it, the frying time will be shorter.