Winter is here and with it, the most beautiful pure fruit has arrived.
I have an enormous love for strawberries.
They have a mesmerizing beauty,
They’re sweet and indulging,
They’re prestigious and give the feeling of a party.
They’re colors are magnificent,
They excite me,
And fill every moment of mine with a smile.
My strawberry cookies are the most amazing treat that you’ll make for yourselves.
How addictive? Insanely!
They’re chubby and juicy,
Straight after baking them you’ll encounter the most addictive caramel,
The strawberry moisture and sourness is the purest bite in these cookies.
And the combination of all this magic is what makes this experience happy and marvelous.
These are cookies that you make and then eat,
They can wait with love for the next day,
Then they’ll already turn to strawberry cake cookies.
The crispiness will be gone, but the softness will be endless.
So really this is a recipe,
That turns into two recipes in a moment.
It’s easy and exciting,
It’s indulging and sweeping,
And it’s insanely good.
May we all have sweet and happy, strawberry days ahead 🙂
Strawberry Almond Cookies
Ingredients: suitable for about 20 cookies
- ⅓ cup maple syrup (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra From Me”)
- ½ cup almond butter / egg
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (Not a must)
- 1 cup almond flour (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra From Me”)
- ¾ cup oat flour (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra From Me”)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup small strawberry cubes (Cut out of about 6-8 strawberries)
- Almond butter for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) on turbo mode and line the baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl put liquid ingredients, almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt and mix well.
- To the bowl add dry ingredients, almond flour, oat flour and baking powder and mix well until forming a uniform mixture.
- After cutting the strawberries into small cubes, add them to the cookie mixture and mix well to an amazing red dot mixture.
- Using an ice cream scoop or two spoons, create little cookies and place them on the parchment paper. Using the smooth side of a wet spoon flatten the cookies a little (Have a sneak peek at the pictures).
- Put in the oven and bake for between 10-12 minutes until they’re puffy and tanned.
Take out of the oven, pour a little almond butter on top and eat with joy 🙂
A little extra from me:
- Can be kept on the counter in a sealed box for up to 3 days. The cookies are insane when they leave the oven, and as time goes by they become softer and lose their crispiness.
- Maple syrup can be substituted for agave syrup.
- Click here to see how to grind oat flour at home.
- Almond flour can be substituted for oat flour.
- Oat flour can be substituted for 1 cup of almond flour.
- Strawberries can be substituted for apple cubes / pear cubes / raisins.
How to grind oatmeal at home 🙂