The summer fruits are here big time.
And they are here to hypnotize us and excite us.
Their beauty is infinite,
Their smell is intoxicating,
Their taste is addictive.
And the heart skips a beat in every encounter with them.
At this time of the year I always find myself buying lots of summer fruits,
Maybe because of my great excitement about them or maybe because of their mesmerizing beauty.
They indulge us in many situations during the day,
But at some point they get a little tired and that’s when my party in the kitchen begins.
My Summer Fruit Crumble was born out of the immense respect I have for fruit and for the gifts of the earth.
It respects them and turns even the tired fruits into the most indulgent and exciting ones.
It’s a bite that everyone will celebrate.
It’s light and comforting,
It’s full of good flavors.
Its texture is wonderful.
It’s breathtaking in its beauty,
And it’s quick and super easy to prepare 🙂
All you have to do is go to the fridge,
Gather the fruits that will match the dream bite you imagine,
Prepare the crumb mixture and bake with great anticipation.
Happy and joyful summer crumble days to us all 🙂
Summer Fruit Crumble
Ingredients: suitable for a pan size 9.4”- 10.2” (24-26cm)
- ¾ cup almond flour (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- ¾ cup oat flour (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Tiny pinch of salt
For the fruit mixture: any summer fruit you want will work great – the fruits that mesmerized you the most at the jade, the ones that are just waiting for you to take them out of the fridge or the ones in the fruit bowl on the counter waiting for you to choose them. I have:
- 2 peaches
- 2 nectarines
- 2 handfuls of green grapes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) on turbo mode and choose a pretty pan in which we’ll serve the dish.
- In a bowl, put all the crumb ingredients, the almond flour, oat flour, maple syrup and salt and mix well until crumbs of several sizes are formed. If the mixture is too wet, gradually add a few tablespoons of flour, if the mixture is too dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup and mix until the mixture is crumbly and pleasant when touched.
- Cut the fruit into bite-sized pieces. Place them in the baking pan that we chose and mix.
- Sprinkle the crumbs over the cut fruits and bake for between 15-25 minutes until the fruits surrender to the heat and the crumbs are slightly golden.
Take out of the oven, cool for a little while and serve 🙂
I like to serve it alongside a scoop of coconut or vanilla ice cream and some fresh mint leaves.
A little extra from me:
- The summer fruit crumble can be kept in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days. The crumbs soften over time.
- Almond flour can be substituted for oat flour / teff flour / quinoa flour / buckwheat flour.
- Oat flour can be substituted for almond flour / teff flour / quinoa flour / buckwheat flour.
- Click here to see how to grind oat flour at home.
- It’s important to emphasize that any summer fruit you choose will work wonderfully, even mango 🙂 But I don’t recommend choosing a melon / watermelon.
How to grind oatmeal at home 🙂