I woke up Friday morning and was full of longing for the chirping of the birds in our house in Israel.
I imagined our sweet moments there and the leisurely breakfasts,
I imagined the wonderful Friday’s atmosphere that I really miss here in Italy,
The excitement of the Shabbat that’s coming,
The blessed Friday dinner at my parents’ house,
My father stands proudly and says prayer with Michaeli and Raphael.
I decided to spice up our Friday morning a little,
Here in Italy it’s a completely normal day.
I went into the kitchen,
I met the mountain of sparkling cherry tomatoes that awaited him there,
And I realized that I had to make something indulgent with them,
Then the idea came to my mind – tahini pancakes!
My tahini pizza has already become a star in many homes in Israel,
So why not make it a pampering and good cousin in the form of a stunning mountain of pancakes?
I mixed the ingredients,
I smiled in my heart,
I was so happy,
I realized that there’s going to be a perfect bite here,
Exactly what I dreamed of and more.
The pan heated up,
The texture of the batter was wonderful.
I transferred it to the pan and watched it rise and rise.
I flipped the golden pancakes and celebrated the happiness that was in my heart.
I piled the wonderful, steaming pancakes on top of each other and cut a wonderful, chilled cherry tomato salad alongside them.
When I served the pancakes to the table, Michaeli asked for “snow” on my personal pancake mountain.
The “snow” he was talking about is grated parmesan cheese.
And so my heart and Michaeli’s desire created a wonderful and indulgent bite,
Which brought us back for a moment to the chirping of the birds in the wheat farm, our home in Israel.
My pancakes can be made in a savory version as well as a sweet version,
The choice is yours and your family members,
And the pancake’s texture is dreamy.
This is a dish that was born from a great love for wonderful peaceful moments,
For sweet family moments,
It brought us home and made our hearts smile huge smiles.
It’s written here for each of us to celebrate and enjoy.
Peaceful, delicious and calm family days for all of us 🙂
Ingredients: suitable for 10-12 medium size units
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup raw tahini
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt (have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- Put all the ingredients, the eggs, tahini, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix well (very important), until you get a sticky and uniform batter.
- Heat a pan over high heat and oil it a little.
- Lower the heat to medium heat and with the help of a spring ice cream scoop or a regular tablespoon, place a little batter in the pan to create medium-sized pancakes. After the pancakes start to dry a little at the edges, gently turn them over and cook them on the other side.
Remove from the pan and serve as a huge mountain of pancakes 🙂
I recommend serving alongside a refreshing cherry tomato salad:
- 2 handfuls of quartered cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of apple / wine / white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- A little crushed garlic (if you like it)
Put all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Add the quarters of cherry tomatoes and mix well to get a refreshing salad.
A little extra from me:
- The pancakes can be kept in the fridge in a sealed box for up to 4 days.
- You can heat the pancakes in the microwave, in a pan or in a panini press (it’s really delicious to make toast from the pancakes in a panini press).
- You can also make a neutral version and not add the salt / make a sweet version by adding 2-3 tablespoons of maple syrup (I recommend also adding a few grains of salt to the mixture, this is necessary for the texture of the batter) / make a chocolate version and add 1 teaspoon of cocoa to the batter.