Matzah bread with chocolate spread,
Chocolate spread with matzah bread,
That’s the essence of this holiday, wouldn’t you say?
Passover is coming soon and with it begins the matzah bread with chocolate spread season.
Because all of us have this inner child that matzah with a chocolate spread had made the holiday for them.
There are those who like their matzos wet,
And there are those who like their matzos dry.
There are those who spread a super thin layer of chocolate,
And there are those who spread a thick juicy layer.
No matter what your version is, it certainly contains chocolate spread and matzos 🙂
My chocolate spread may be dreamy on a matzah and perfect for passover,
But it suits every day of the year.
It’s one of the quickest, most exciting spreads out there.
The kids give in to its taste in seconds,
And the grown ups fall in love with its sweet taste.
Everybody’s happy around it,
Everybody’s pleased around it,
Everybody’s excited around it,
And all of this around one spread, made with four ingredients.
A total of four ingredients,
Which have a wide variety of substitutes that’ll create a dreamy and thick spread.
A chocolaty spread,
A creamy spread,
An addictive spread,
A divine spread,
A perfect spread for any bedding you choose for it.
My chocolate spread opens its season with passover’s matzos,
But it’s here to stay for the rest of the days of the year.
Because we’re all just matzos with chocolate spread kids,
Each one in its own way,
Each one with its own memories from home,
So with a little precision you can keep the balance and give in to this sweet childhood experience.
Sweet and happy, joyful days of spring to us all ❤
The Perfect Chocolate Spread
Ingredients: suitable for a 250ml jar
- ½ cup almond butter (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra From Me”)
- 3 tablespoons quality cocoa powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra From Me”)
- Pinch of salt
- 3-4 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- For decoration and crunch: crushed cocoa beans / almond flakes / toasted coconut flakes / crushed roasted peanuts / crushed pecans or any other addition you like
- In a bowl put all ingredients according to the following order: almond butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder and milk and mix well. It’s super important to mix very well.
- Add a pinch of salt and taste a lottttt. If you like you can also scatter the toppings inside the spread or only on top of it.
- Place our spread in a jar and scatter a little of the toppings on top, If we chose to add any – I chose a smooth spread with no toppings.
And that is it, it’s ready
A little extra from me:
- Can be kept in the fridge in a jar / sealed box for up to one month.
- If your spread doesn’t turn out smooth, try adding 1-2 tablespoons of non-dairy milk.
- This is the funnest most easy recipe there is, get wild with it and with the toppings – it’s great fun.
- Almond butter can be substituted for hazelnut butter / cashew butter / peanut butter tahini.
- Maple syrup can be substituted for honey or date honey (Kindly note that the date honey tends to take over a little)
- Try the spread on strawberries – wow it’s so dreamy
- Enjoy, try, taste, experience, share and most importantly smile