This recipe provides a bite that any person in the world would fall in love with.
It’s one of the exciting stars in my kitchen!
Lately it has been my favorite,
And I make it for me and the boys on a regular basis.
This tofu crumble will fit into any bite you can imagine.
It’s a little sweet and very indulgent,
It’s crunchy and addictive.
And you can’t stop eating it,
Because It’s a hysterical bite!
It looks innocent by appearance,
But after the first bite you’ll understand what all the fuss is about.
I make it from a secret and magical mixture,
Which turns tofu into something you have never seen before.
Its preparation time is super fast,
And so simple and fun that all you have to do is –
Crumble the tofu straight into the pan and evaporate the liquid,
Mix with great love,
Add the secret mixture that makes the tofu crunchy and perfect,
And tell everyone to look at the magic that happens in the pan.
Its smell is amazing and plays in every corner of the house,
It’s exciting and you can watch it non-stop.
And most importantly – you can eat it with great pleasure alongside anything you choose for it.
Easy, magical and wonderful 🙂
Happy and crunchy tofu days to all of us 🙂
Ingredients: suitable for 3-4 dishes
- 1 block firm tofu (300g)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 crushed garlic clove (Not a must)
- A little fresh or dry ginger (Not a must)
- Dry the tofu block well with a paper towel and try to absorb as much liquid as possible with it.
- Heat a pan and pour the olive oil in it. Begin crumbling the tofu block with our hands straight into the pan, try to crumble the tofu into small crumbs so that our crumble is crispy and full of crunchy bites.
- Saute the tofu crumbled on medium-high heat, stir occasionally and allow all the liquid in the tofu to evaporate.
- When the tofu starts to dry out and change its color to yellowish, add the secret mixture that makes everything caramelize and become crispy: in a bowl, put the maple syrup, soy sauce and salt and mix. Add our sauce to the pan, mix and let the tofu “drink” all the sauce.
- Now comes the most exciting and important stage – the tofu begins to caramelize and the smells start to spread in every corner of the house. Continue to mix the tofu in the pan until it caramelizes and becomes super crispy, the noise of mixing the tofu in the pan will prove how crispy and wonderful it is.
At this point, everyone will start coming to the kitchen and nibbling straight from the pan yummy bites straight into the mouth without stopping.
Move the tofu from the pan and serve it on top of a Rich and Wonderful Salad or as a wonderful addition to many recipes 🙂
A little extra from me:
- The crumble can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days. Kindly note – the crispiness decreases over time.
- Olive oil can be substituted for any other oil you choose.
- Maple syrup can be substituted for any other sweetener you choose like date honey / honey / agave syrup etc.
- You can omit the sweetener, but I don’t recommend doing so because it makes the bite divine 🙂