On such rainy winter days,
All I want is a warm and indulgent plate to hug me,
One that I’ll prepare quickly and easily.
This is how my tofu stew was born,
Tofu stew with coconut cream – is one of the most fun bites you’ll meet.
It’s prepared in a few minutes, quick and delicious,
And you eat it with great pleasure.
It’s rich in protein.
And contain of plenty of vegetables,
Its sauce has a wonderful taste,
And the chopped cilantro to finish is a huge celebration.
It’s a fast pot that’s suitable for any weather you choose,
This time I chose a rainy day for it,
Because all everyone wants right now is to hug a pampering, nutritious and good bowl 🙂
Warm, delicious and happy winter days to all of us ❣️
Tofu Stew With Coconut Cream
Suitable for 4 dishes
- 1 cup of frozen peas (preferably fine, but not a must)
- 1 can coconut cream (400ml)
- A handful of mint leaves / 1 tablespoon of dry mint (you can replace it with dry basil or leave it out)
- 1 block of hard tofu dried and cut into cubes
- 1½ cups cut broccoli florets
- 1 sliced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons coconut / olive oil
- A handful of chopped cilantro for the end of preparations
Heat a pan / wok and fry the broccoli and tofu cubes in oil on high heat. Add the peas and the garlic and mix everything together. Add the soy sauce and a little sesame oil (if you like) and mix again. Let everything cook a little.
Add the coconut cream and salt and mix again. Bring to a boil and lower the heat to medium heat and cook a little longer. Sprinkle some chopped cilantro – and that’s it, you can serve it on hot rice or on rice noodles of any thickness you choose or simply like that, without anything.
A little extra from me:
- The stew can be kept in the fridge in a sealed box for up to 4 days.
- The vegetables can be replaced with other vegetables that you like such as cauliflower / green peas / zucchini / cherry tomatoes / celery stalks / chopped cabbage.
- For spicy lovers – you can add slices of hot pepper or a hot pepper sauce like Sriracha on the step in which you add the sauces.
- You can replace the tofu with small pieces of chicken breast.
View this post on Instagram