Let’s talk about the urge to snack for a minute.
It’s bigger than all of us,
Everyone has it in them,
Everyone loves it,
And we all need it.
There is no doubt this is the greatest snacking era of all times,
And this is why this hidden treasure called ‘’vegan lentil cracker’’ was born.
And why is it a treasure?
Because it’s a dream coming true,
It contains a small number of ingredients,
And there is not a person in this world who wouldn’t want this cracker to be part of their diet.
It fits perfectly in every meal.
It can be the meal,
I goes well in between meals,
The act of chewing it makes you fall in love in an instant.
Its flavors are fascinating,
The sounds are addictive,
Basically the whole process of eating and making this cracker is just great fun.
It has been two weeks now that we hang out while snacking on this marvelous lentil cracker.
It indulges us every hour of the day.
Myself, Noi and Michael are snacking on it all the time,
Passing by it in the kitchen and encounter it every time,
We get excited, take a bite and enjoy it.
And now it’s your turn to experience this happiness.
This fun recipe will lead you to a week of happy and joyful snacking.
All that’s left to do is to roll out a little dough in the most beautiful color you’d meet,
Bake, and enjoy 🙂
The essence of happiness is what it’s all about 🙂
Addictive, happy and joyful days of crackers 🙂
Vegan lentil Cracker
Ingredients: suitable for a one big and indulging pan
- 1½ cup red lentil flour
- ½ – 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder according to your personal taste
- 1 teaspoon oregano / sweet paprika / hyssop / caraway / any other herb you like
- ¼ cup olive oil / coconut oil (The coconut taste will be noticeable)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup water
Add-ins: A total of 3 tablespoons. You can choose anything you like, I chose:
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon white sesame
- 1 tablespoon whole sesame
- Can also add chia seeds / flax seeds / pumpkin seeds / quick oats
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C) on turbo / top and bottom heat mode.
- In a bowl put all dry ingredients: lentil flour, salt, garlic powder, oregano (Or any other herb you choose) and baking powder. Mix it all until forming flour colored in a mesmerizing orange.
- To the bowl add olive oil and ¼ cup of water, mix until chubby lumps of dough are formed. Add the ¼ glass of water we have left, at this stage we have to mix a lot, with a lot of attention and patience. Put the add-ins inside and continue mixing, until forming a uniform and beautiful ball of dough like the one in the picture. If a ball of dough wasn’t formed successfully add another tablespoon of water / If the ball of dough is too sticky add another 1-2 tablespoons of lentil flour.
- It’s time to roll the dough: place parchment paper on the work surface and oil it with a little olive oil. Place the ball of dough in the center of the parchment paper and place another parchment paper on top, best if it was a little oiled as well, and roll out the dough using a roller keepin the dough an even thin thickness. Remove the top parchment paper and using a pizza knife or a sharp knife cut the dough into cubes / triangles / lines (Any shape you choose, I chose to cut mine into squares of happiness).
- Place the cut dough crackers together with the parchment paper into the center of our baking pan (A standard oven pan) and bake for between 15-20 minutes until the crackers are brown and feel stiff when you touch them.
Take out of the oven, cool for a little while, and gobble 🙂
A little extra from me:
- Can be kept in a sealed box on the counter for up to 5 days.
- Click here to see how to grind red lentil flour at home.
- It’s a wonderful dough to work with, Don’t fear it. Feel it, if it’s too dry add a little water, if it’s wet add a little lentil flour. Try working with clean hands to make work more convenient.
- You can season the crackers with any season you like.
- Have a lot of fun and don’t forget to tell everyone how amazing they are 🙂
How to grind red lentils at home 🙂