The winter is here big time,
And this chill feeling is making me crave,
For a good and indulging orange cake.
My orange cake doesn’t require any whipping,
It requires a short stir and baking.
It’ll fit perfectly next to a warm and indulging pot of tea.
It’s a cake that you eat both together and by yourself,
It’s full of aroma and textures,
It’s exciting and sweeping,
It’s tasty and indulging,
And it’s one big ball of fun 🙂
This is an easy recipe, quick and fun especially on a chilly morning with a winter sun.
It’s exciting and joyous,
And it hugs every inch of your body.
Happy and warm days of winter to us all 🙂
Wonderful Orange Cake
Ingredients: suitable for a loaf pan
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup sugar (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra From Me”)
- ½ cup orange juice (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra From Me”)
- ½ orange zest
- Tiny pinch of salt
- 1 cup almond flour (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra From Me”)
- 1 cup oat flour (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra From Me”)
- 1 bag baking powder (10g)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (If you like it)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) on turbo mode and line a loaf baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl put all liquid ingredients, eggs, olive oil, sugar, orange juice, orange zest and salt and mix well until forming a uniform mixture.
- To the bowl add dry ingredients, almond flour, oat flour, baking powder and cinnamon and mix well until forming a smooth uniform mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan and bake for between 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick or wooden skewer inserted into the cake comes out dry.
Get the cake out of the pan, cool for a little while, sprinkle sugar powder and serve 🙂
A little extra from me:
- Can be kept in a sealed box in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Oranges can be substituted for clementine.
- Click here to see how to grind oat flour at home.
- Oat flour can be substituted for rice flour / coconut flour / almond flour.
- Almond flour can be substituted for ¾ cup of spelt flour (Contains gluten). If you choose to make this change and already use oat flour as well, use ¾ cup oat flour (And not 1 cup).
- The cake can be made by using only spelt flour – Total of 1½ cups of flour (Contains gluten).
- Sugar can be substituted for maple syrup / agave syrup. If you choose to make this change add more ¼ cup of oat flour / almond flour.
How to grind oatmeal at home 🙂