This is exactly the stage where a row of chocolate bars will spoil all of us.
This time I’ve decided to make the row of chocolate fit my emotions exactly.
There is nothing more indulging than a bite of warm and hot chocolate,
One that melts in your mouth,
One that gets you excited you only by touching the spoon,
One that makes your heart vibrate out of happiness because it’s so perfect.
A chocolaty indulging bite,
And any other awesome word that you choose for it.
I’ve made the cup in two versions,
I can’t seem to decide which one is better – the vegan version or the regular one.
I fell deeply in love with both versions.
And the happiness I get from them is unusual 🙂
Take five minutes,
Get off the couch,
Turn on the light in the kitchen.
Mix and put in the microwave.
It’s so quick that you’re already back on your sofa with my chocolate mug in your hands – so exciting and insane.
I swear everyone will want to take it from you,
All that’s left for you to do is to keep it close to you and tell everybody how easy, indulging and fun this recipe is!
In short you should run off,
I’ve already made dozens of these indulging mugs.
Get excited too, why should I keep this happiness all to myself? 🙂
The recipe is waiting for you below and there’s even a video to show you how easy,
simple and quick this joyful bite is ❤
Eternal chocolate days, Indulging and super happy 🙂
Chocolate Mug Cake in the Microwave
Ingredients: suitable for a medium – large not a small mug, can be splitted into two small mugs
- 4 cubes dark chocolate out of a chocolate bar (The percentage of cocoa solids is up to you)
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk / regular
- 1 teaspoon olive oil / coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons date honey / maple syrup / honey
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1½ tablespoons almond flour (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra From Me”)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg – for the vegan version substitute the egg for 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 cube of chocolate out of a chocolate bar for the center of the mug
- In a mug put 4 chocolate cubes, milk and oil and melt in the microwave for about a minute. Take out of the microwave and mix well.
- To the mug add date honey, cocoa, almond flour, baking powder and egg / peanut butter and mix very very well.
- In the center of the mug place one more chocolate cube (In the vegan version you should cover the chocolate cube with a little of the mixture) and put in the microwave.
The regular version needs between 2 to 2½ minutes.
The vegan version needs between 2 to 3 minutes.
Time in the microwave depends on your microwave.
Take out of the microwave carefully (It’s super hot) and serve with a long indulging spoon 🙂
A little extra from me:
- The cake can also be made in a little bowl.
- This recipe is safe for pregnant women (I state this in case you fear that the egg isn’t cooked enough).
- Keep in mind, in order to prevent the cake from overflowing you should choose a big and wide mug.
- To prevent the microwave from getting dirty I like placing a paper towel under the mug.
- If you’re a fan of sweet, 1 tablespoon of sugar can be added.
- Almond flour can be substituted for any other flour you choose – oat flour / teff flour / coconut flour / quinoa flour / buckwheat flour / lentil flour / chickpea flour / tapioca flour / rice flour or 1 tablespoon of matzah flour / spelt flour / wheat flour (All contain gluten)
- Of course you can also make the cake in the oven: preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C), make the cake in an oven-safe dish and bake in the oven for between 5-7 minutes.
- Get excited, give in to the experience, enjoy, share and smile – That’s the most important part.
Video of the vegan version 🙂