It’s a classic made even better.
It’s a dream of infinite softness within which there’s a mesmerizing chocolate swirl.
This is a cake that everyone will be waiting to eat from the very first sight.
It’s simple to prepare and very indulgent.
And it has a trick that’ll make it a one in a million.
The wonderful chocolate that swirls inside turns it into a cake you’ve never encountered before.
It’s fun to start the day with,
It’s fun to eat it together,
It’s fun to eat it alone,
It’s fun to pamper loved ones with it,
It’s fun to indulge with it with the whole family,
It’s fun to enjoy it after a big meal,
And it’s fun to have it as a snack next to your morning coffee.
It’s all fun, from the moment of preparation to the moment of eating.
Its preparation steps do good for everyone’s heart.
A few minutes of work and the great fun will begin for you too 🙂
Fun and tasty, healthy and happy days 🙂
A Once in a Lifetime Marble Cake
Ingredients: suitable for a big loaf pan or a round pan 10.2” (26cm) diameter
- 4 eggs (size M / L)
- ¼ cup olive / coconut oil
- ½ cup sugar (for alternatives, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- ½ cup non-dairy / dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (not a must)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour (for alternatives, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (10g)
- 4 tablespoons applesauce / 1 small jar of applesauce (113g) – this is THE secret of this cake!
- For the chocolate mixture: 1½ tablespoons of cocoa + 2 tablespoons of non-dairy milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) on turbo mode and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl / blender put all the liquid ingredients, the eggs, oil, sugar, milk and vanilla extract and mix well into a homogeneous and smooth mixture.
- In another bowl, put all the dry ingredients, the almond flour, the oat flour and the baking powder and mix.
- Combine the liquid mixture with the dry mixture and mix well.
- Add the applesauce and mix well. The batter should come out relatively thin and not heavy like a mass containing flour.
- Take out about 6-8 tablespoons of the cake batter into another clean bowl and pour all the remaining batter into the baking pan.
- Add the cocoa and non-dairy milk to the batter that we kept aside and mix well until there are no cocoa lumps in the batter.
- Using a spoon, slowly transfer the chocolate batter to the center of the cake batter in the pan. Then take a toothpick and gently create swirls to unite the two batters. The mixing will create a beautiful spiral shape.
- Put in the oven to bake for 25-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out dry from the cake.
Take the cake out of the oven, cool a little and enjoy every bite 🙂
A little extra from me:
- The cake can be kept in the fridge in a sealed box for up to 4 days, but it will never last for that long!
- You can bake the cake in a round pan that has a hole in the center with a diameter of 10.2” (26cm) / in a large loaf pan / 2 small loaf pans.
- When swirling the chocolate batter in the batter in the pan with a toothpick, do it in a spiral motion. Make sure that the toothpick reaches the bottom of the pan, so that the toothpick will mix the mass in the depths of the cake as well.
- For cocoa lovers – you can easily switch between the chocolate batter and the vanilla batter: add 3 tablespoons of cocoa and 3 tablespoons of non-dairy milk to the large batter and mix well, and leave the small batter that we set aside clean and with vanilla taste (I love it!).
- You can make the cake without the applesauce, but note that it’ll come out less moist.
- If you want to replace the sugar with a liquid sweetener, you can replace it with ½ cup of maple syrup / ½ cup of agave syrup and you should add another ½ cup of oat flour / almond flour. Note that the texture of the cake will slightly change.
- You can replace the oat flour with rice flour / coconut flour / finely ground corn flour / more almond flour / white flour or spelt flour (contains gluten).
- Click here to see how to grind oat flour at home.
- You can make the cake only with white / spelt flour. If you choose this option, all the flours must be replaced with 1½ cups of flour in total.
How to grind oatmeal at home 🙂