This is my magic bread.
That’s what I call it.
Simply, because it has magic.
I made it for the first time last Friday,
And we all fell in love.
Just thinking about it and watching it bake in the oven made us fall in love.
Since then, every time we meet it, we get excited anew.
It brought magic to every family meal we’ve had,
It gave us great and good joy,
It satisfied our bodies with peace and calm,
And it graced our faces with a big and emotional smile.
It’s an amazing bread made from almond and lentil flour that everyone will fall for its charm.
It’ll sweep you off your feet,
It’s stunningly beautiful,
And it fulfills a lot of dreams.
This magic bread is the brother of my wonderful lentil bread.
It was born from the understanding that there are many people who don’t like the strong taste of lentils as much.
It’s a hundred times more refined,
This bread will get into your kitchen and will just never leave.
It’ll fit into any bite you choose,
In every meal.
As a toast,
As a grilled cheese toast,
You just need to choose.
A day will come and its vegan brother will be born,
Until then, excuse me 😉
The recipe is so easy that the heart vibrates with happiness when you see the final product.
In short, you’re about to lose it 🙂
Go and let my magic bread into your kitchen.
Let the magic happen.
It’ll conquer you,
Make you skip a beat,
And will make you super happy❤️
May we all have days full of health and joy of life 🙂
Bread made from lentil and almond flour
Ingredients: suitable for 1 loaf of bread in a loaf pan size 11.8” * 3.9” (30*10cm)
- 5 eggs (Size M / L)
- ½ cup milk non-dairy / regular / water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup lentil flour (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- ½ cup almond flour (Ground blanched almonds) (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (10g)
- 3 tablespoons sesame
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
You can replace the add-ins according to your choice: sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, black sesame, instant oats.
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C), preferably on turbo mode if you have such an option, and line the baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl / blender put all the liquid ingredients, the eggs, olive oil, salt and milk and mix well.
- Add the lentil flour, almond flour and baking powder and mix well again. I really recommend mixing the batter in a blender, that way the bread comes out airier and puffier.
- Add the add-ins and mix until they’re combined in the batter. Note that the batter is relatively liquid, that’s fine.
- Transfer the batter to the baking pan, sprinkle some chia and sesame seeds on top (To be used as a decoration and as a tiny hint of what’s hidden inside the bread).
- Put in the center of the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. It’s important to stick a toothpick in the center of the bread to make sure the bread is baked properly.
Take the bread out of the oven, cool slightly and remove from the pan.Cool a little longer, cut into equal slices and serve 🙂
A little extra from me:
- The bread can be kept in the fridge in a sealed box for up to 5 days. I recommend keeping it as a whole loaf and each time cut slices according to the desired amount. It’s a lot of fun to make a toast from the slices of bread or heat them up a little in a hot pan.
- You can also freeze the bread, but pay attention – cut into slices in advance, place parchment paper between each slice and store this way in a sealed box/bag. When you want to indulge, take a slice out of the freezer and thaw it on a hot pan / in a panini press. You can keep it frozen for up to 3 months.
- I highly recommend grinding the lentil flour yourself. Click here to see how to grind red lentil flour at home.
- The lentil flour can be substituted for teff flour / quinoa flour.
- You can make the bread only from almond flour. If you choose to do so, add another 1¼ cups of almond flour.
- The bread is amazing as toast / grilled cheese toast topped with a sweet spread like my Chia Seeds Berry Jam and indulgently salty like my Tzatziki Style Dip.
- You can make the bread without the add-ins. If you choose to prepare without add-ins, add another 4 tablespoons of almond flour instead.
- Enjoy, devote yourself, share, smile, bloom 🙂
How to grind red lentil at home 🙂