Ready to meet our next exciting bite?
This is a one-ingredient crepe,
Simple, innocent and full of happiness 🙂
Introducing the soy milk crepe 🙂
You read it right!
This is a crepe made from soy milk.
Soy milk is almost as rich in protein as cow’s milk,
But this protein has a “rubbery” nature that gives it greater flexibility.
And this is actually the ingredient that gives us this insane crepe,
If it were possible to transmit this bite through the screen,
You would understand how crazy, flexible, crispy and wonderful it is.
A few weeks ago I met a friend,
We started talking about soy milk and its nature.
We began researching,
We dedicated ourselves to this experience.
We came across a video of a Chinese farmer making a type of noodle from his soy milk.
Later I met several more versions of this preparation technique,
And I surrendered to how fun it was.
And this is exactly the example to show that inspiration has many faces.
Meet my version of this happy bite 🙂
A stunning soft and flexible crepe that fits any spread you choose for it,
And gives you a bite rich in protein and plenty of wonderful ingredients.
It’s a recipe that totally makes you trust it,
And makes you believe that something so delicious was created from one innocent cup of soy milk.
Give it a chance and enjoy the preparation process experience next to the pan.
I’m waiting to see the magic you’ll do in your kitchen,
And especially excited that you guys are going to meet this exciting and clever bite.
Happy and joyful days of innovation to us all 🙂
Soy Milk Crepe
Ingredients: suitable for 1 crepe in a pan 9.4” (24cm) diameter
- 1 cup soy milk (240ml – universal measuring cup)
- Heat a 9.4”/10.2” (24/26cm) diameter pan (I recommend a pan 9.4” / 24cm diameter) on medium heat.
- Pour the soy milk into the hot pan and cook for 10-15 minutes. While cooking, rotate the pan so that the heat is distributed evenly in all parts. It’s important to make sure that the pan is located in the center of the flame. How do we know the crepe is ready? All the milk will seem to be gone and a crust remains.
- Turn off the heat and leave the crepe in the pan for a few seconds until it stabilizes.
- Using a rubber or silicone spatula, separate the sides of the crepe from the pan and lift it carefully.
Place the crepe on a flat work surface, fill it with whatever we want, fold and serve 🙂
Optionals fillings: the crepe will contain whatever you choose, just be careful not to overload it
- Sweet – you can fill with any sweet spread you like, add fruit and on top of everything sprinkle coconut powder, nut crumbs, etc.
- Savory – you can choose salty fillings such as cheese / tahini / pesto, etc. You can add any vegetable you want / omelette / herbs.
A little extra from me:
- The crepe can be kept in the fridge for 2 days but it’s not the same, it becomes sticky and less tasty to eat. I recommend preparing close to eating.
- There are no substitutes, there’s only one ingredient in the recipe 🙂
- It’s important to choose plain soy milk and not fortified. I recommend choosing soy milk that has as few additives as possible.