Cookies will always bring me back to sweet childhood moments.
They’re the most indulgent and fun bite in the world,
They make everyone who meets them happy,
And know how to touch everyone in their own way.
My chocolate chip coconut cookies are the next insane bite for all of us.
They’re exactly the sweet craving we all have during the day,
They’re the perfect and classic combination between coconut and chocolate,
And if you’re not into coconut as much, there’s a substitute that keeps the cookies perfect and wonderful.
These cookies have many options for add-ins,
And they even have a perfect and addictive vegan option.
All you have to do is heat the oven,
Mix the ingredients in a bowl,
Add the add-ins,
And bake the happiest cookies in the world.
Happy, delicious and joyful cookie days to all of us 🙂
Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients: suitable for 8-10 cookies
- 1 egg (size M / L) (for a vegan alternative, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil / melted butter
- A tiny pinch of salt
- 1 cup oat flour (for alternatives, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- ½ cup coconut powder (for alternatives, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100g of dark chocolate, finely chopped (for alternatives, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) preferably in turbo mode, and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Put all the liquid ingredients, the eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil and pinch of salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add all the dry ingredients to the bowl , the oat flour, coconut powder and the baking powder and mix again until you get a sticky and uniform cookie dough.
- Add the chopped dark chocolate to the cookie dough and mix again until all the chocolate is evenly spread and we get a beautiful cookie dough dotted with chocolate.
- Using slightly damp hands, shape the dough into medium-sized balls. Arrange them in the baking pan lined with parchment paper and crush them a little to form cookies.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake for 8-12 minutes until the cookies are slightly browned and the chocolate surrenders to the heat of the oven.
Take it out of the oven, let it cool a little and serve it with great joy 🙂
A little extra from me:
- The cookies can be kept in a sealed box on the counter for up to 5 days. The crispness of the cookies will disappear day by day.
- You can replace the egg with a ¼ cup of almond butter to get a vegan version.
- You can replace the oat flour with almond flour / coconut flour / instant oats (takes one quick minute to prepare).
- Click here to see how to grind oat flour at home.
- You can replace the coconut powder with oat flour / almond flour / coconut flour / finely ground walnuts.
- You can replace the chopped dark chocolate with cranberries / chopped nuts / crushed cocoa beans / any add-in you like.
How to grind oatmeal at home