This is my holiday cake.
It combines all my loves in one bite.
It has a wonderful balance to it,
There’s a wonderful pleasure in it,
It has great love,
It has tenderness and good intentions,
It gathers many holiday flavors into one amazing bite,
And it’s mesmerizing with its beauty.
This is my cake
This festive holiday cake is exactly what you will all want to eat at the end of the holiday meal and the day after.
Every bite of it will spoil you,
It’s just the right amount of sweet,
It’s biteable just in the right amount,
It’s gluten free.
It’s kosher for Passover,
And it’s one big and huge happiness.
Its preparation is very fast,
It requires mixing and combining all the ingredients and a short baking.
You can serve it at room temperature or cold from the fridge,
Both ways are amazing and pampering,
You only have to choose.
Enjoy and celebrate spring with this amazing cake 🙂
Happy, exciting and joyful days of spring 🙂
Chocolate, Coconut, and Hazelnut Cake
Ingredients: suitable for a round pan 10.2” (26cm) / A large loaf pan
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup milk non-dairy / regular
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup / ¼ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup roasted and whole hazelnuts / 150g roasted and finely ground hazelnuts (Explanation in the 2nd bullet point under “Steps”. For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- ½ cup coconut (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- ½ cup almond flour (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- Small pack of applesauce (113g), (For alternatives, have a look at “A little extra from me”)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (10g)
- 100g finely chopped dark chocolate
For the topping:
- 100g dark chocolate
- ¼ cup milk non-dairy / regular
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) on turbo mode (Not a must but I recommend it), and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- If you choose to use whole roasted hazelnuts, it’s necessary to grind them first: put the whole hazelnuts in a kitchen towel and rub them to remove their thin skin. After removing most of the skins, put the hazelnuts in a smoothie blender or food processor and grind them in short pulses until you get hazelnut crumbs.
- In a bowl put all liquid ingredients, the eggs, olive oil, milk, maple syrup and salt and mix well.
- To the liquid ingredients bowl add dry ingredients, the coconut, almond flour, ground hazelnuts and the baking powder and mix again.
- Add the applesauce to the mixture and mix well to a uniform mass.
- Add the chopped chocolate to the mixture and unite everything together.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking pan and put in the oven to bake for between 25-30 minutes.
- Take the cake out of the oven and cool for a little while.
- Let’s make the topping: in a bowl put all the ingredients, the dark chocolate, milk and the olive oil and melt in the microwave until you get a smooth and shiny chocolate.
Pour the melted chocolate on the cake and serve with love 🙂
A little extra from me:
- The cake can be kept in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 4 days.
- You can bake the cake in advance, prepare the melted chocolate before serving and spread it hot on top of the cake when you want to serve it.
- You can serve while the chocolate is hot or you can cool the cake with the chocolate on it and serve it as a cold cake. In both versions, hot and cold, the cake is wonderful and excellent 🙂
- The roasted and ground hazelnuts can be substituted for coconut / almond flour.
- The roasted hazelnuts can be substituted for walnuts / pecans / almonds ground to flour.
- You can also use salted hazelnuts.
- The applesauce can be substituted for 2 tablespoons of almond butter/ 1 whole banana / omit it completely.
- The coconut can be substituted for almond flour / hazelnut flour / coconut flour.
- The almond flour can be substituted for potato / rice flour.